The Versatile Blogger Award
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, congrats!
- Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate those for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, list 7 things about yourself.
A huge thank you to Isabelle for nominating me! (She’s literally the sweetest and everyone should go check her out!)
- I’m super gay. So this list might be very close to an FAQ about some things that I’ve briefly talked about on my blog, but never put into a post. So yeah, I’m a full-fledged lesbian in love with my girlfriend, Josie, for nearly 7 years now. We met when we were 16 and were long distance for 6 years until I moved to Wisconsin from Massachusetts last July!
- Going off of that, I met the love of my life writing. I’ve always been a writer and so hasn’t Josie and we met writing online in high school. Now we’re both bloggers (if you like food or science go check her blog out!)
- So I just don’t write this blog, I’m writing a novel! The novel is especially what my dad likes to call the great American lesbian vampire romance novel… which is exactly what it is. Stay tuned for more details!
- On top of all these great things in my life, I suffer from chronic illness. I’ve been diagnosed with PCOS, anxiety, depression, sports asthma, and chronic migraines. I battle it every day and am an advocate for women’s health and I want to talk about my battle more on my blog. For now just know, if you’re like me and have had hard illnesses that made you miss major life milestones (I missed all of my junior year finals in college because I was in the ER) just know you’re not alone!
- I’m also pagan. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m a Celtic- eclectic pagan and have my little alter and stuff in the house. I use aromatherapy, stone healing, meditation, and yoga to control symptoms of my chronic illness. (Along with traditional medicine, my doctors know all about my oils and stones. Always consult with your doctor when doing medical things! ?) I know a lot of people want me to talk more about being pagan and my practices so let me know if you’d like that in the comments!
- What I’m not reading or writing, I’m a dancer. Since I was 3 I’ve been in dance classes for tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, and hip hop. I love
danceand miss my college Dance Co family every day. In fact, when I was little I wanted to be an actor or a dancer and not a writer, but now it’s just a hobby.
- And finally, I’m a cosplayer. I’ve been sewing since I was eleven and crocheting, knitting, beading, and embroidering longer than that. I’m very crafty and it normally comes out in the form of costume design! I’m currently learning chain maille and trying to organize my new craft room! Now that I’m out of school I’m excited to do more with my cosplay and you can find my old projects at Red Witch Cosplay.
Hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about who I am outside of this blog! Let me know what interested you or if we have anything in common in the comments!
I may be duplicating people who have already done this so if you’ve already done this please link your post in the comments so I can read your answers and send you some love!
Kaleena @ Reader Victorious | A Reader to Whatever End | Josie Pozies | Curvy Constellation | Clo | Northern Plunder | Michelle | The Caffeinated Reader | Lili Star Reads | Ruby’s Books | Deanna| DB’s Guide to the Galaxy | Lauren
I’m aware I’m short two people so if you’re reading this consider yourself nominated by me and put your link in the comments!
4 Comments on “The Versatile Blogger Award”
proudbookreviewsFebruary 13, 2019 at 12:22 am
This was really interesting! I didn’t know most of that about you so it’s cool to read it in one place. Thanks for sharing
Brigid DowneyFebruary 18, 2019 at 7:57 pm
Aw thank you! I like to think I’m an interesting person lol
Isabelle @ BookwyrmBitesFebruary 16, 2019 at 11:03 pm
awww I loved getting to know you a little better in this one! ?
holy wow, 6 years is an incredibly long time to be long distance, and I can’t imagine what that must be like. “the great American lesbian vampire romance novel” sounds AMAZING and I am definitely intrigued ? I also have a lot of admiration for both dancers and cosplayers … so all I can say is, how can one single person be so awesome?
i am in awe.
The Superlatives Book Tag! | Brigid L DowneyMay 28, 2019 at 7:26 am
[…] got… VERY busy in October. This book is so amazing and I’m not just saying that because I’m a witch. I just need people to scream over it with […]