Earlier I posted a post on ditching your New Years’ diet and why diet culture sucks and I realized my resource list was just too long for the bottom of that blog post. I decided to make a resource page that I (and you) can link back to of body-positive, fat-liberation, and anti-diet resources to get you started. (Feel free to add more in the comments and I’ll try to keep this page updated!)
Resources for Your Body Love Journey
Here are my own posts about stuff happening in the body positivity community or my own body love journey:
- Lauren Cadillac – a Manhattan-based Registered Dietitian, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and Certified Personal Trainer. Her Instagram is really helpful and motivating!
- Shana Minei Spence – New York based Registered Dietitian
- Christyna Johnson – Registered dietitian
- Natasha Ngindi – Canadian anti-diet nutritionist
- Dalina Soto – Registered Dietitian
- Evelyn Tribole– Author of Intuitive eating and registered dietitan
- “Unpacking the Racist Roots of Fat Phobia and Diet Culture” | In the Know Magazine
- “It’s Time #BodyPositivity Got an Intervention” | Healthline – This article talks about how the history of the Body Positivity movement and how it was created by black women.
- “The Real Reasons Why My Disordered Eating Went Unnoticed by Almost Everyone” | Health.com – More about the racist and misogynistic roots of diet culture.
- “The 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating” | IntuitiveEating.org – Here it is straight from the source!
Books I’m Reading
These links are affiliate links so if you use them to buy any of the books I gain a small commission that helps keep this blog going!
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elise Resch
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evelyn Tribole and Elise Resch
- Health and Every Size by Linda Bacon
- Eat Up by Ruby Tandoh