So you may have noticed something new… yeah I’M SELF HOSTED NOW! So this is a brand new site and I’m still moving things over and updating links and social media and everything, but I think I’ve found my permanent home! I’m so excited to tidy and update all these graphics, but I wanted to get a little post out for you today. I wanted to do a New Year tag because I feel like I haven’t done many bookish things this year yet, so I thought this would be a lot of fun!
- Link to the person who tagged you (I wasn’t tagged but I stole this from Isabelle over at Bookwyrm Bites!)
- Link to the creator of the tag: Bookmark Chronicles!
- Answer the questions below!
- Tag friends!
Best book and/or series that you’ve read in 2018?
I didn’t read any books that really blew me away this year (is that sad?) I guess I’ve just been into indie romances that I can read in one sitting, and they were fun reads, but nothing I would call “the best.” Hmmmm… Maybe As Old As Time because I’m a sucker for my Disney adaptations!
Authors that you’ve recently found and would like to read more of in the new year?
So I beta read Spells and Necromancy for Cassandra Wondrak which is the first in her Unfortunate Magic series. (Book 2 is also already out!) She’s a very talented indie author and such a sweetheart and I can’t wait to read more of her stuff this year!
Most anticipated book turned movie/tv show?
I don’t think I had any this year… I’m excited for Descendants 3 coming out this summer, but that’s not really an adaptation as much as a continuation of a book.
Name a character that you wouldn’t mind sharing a kiss with at midnight (if there is one)?
This isn’t a book I read this year, but Daine from Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce. I’ve had a crush on her since I was like 13! (Also, my own protagonist for my work in progress, but I’m not sure that counts.)
How many books do you hope to read in 2019?
I put down 50, which is low for me, but this year looks like it might be hectic!
Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge or any others?
Yes! And I will be attempting both Camp NaNoWriMos and the official NaNoWriMo once again. It’s the year of reading and writing!
Any New Year’s Resolutions?
- Self host my blog: I already did this one! It’s been a goal for quite a while and I’m so proud to finally share it with you guys!
- Be kinder to myself: My big mottos for this year are to be kind to myself and to not worry about things I can’t control. Those are the mental health goals this year.
- Get into my Master’s program: I’m applying for my masters in December and I’m so nervous! Fingers crossed!
- Finish this dang book!: I really want to finish the first draft of my novel this year. But I say that every year!
Tagging: anyone who wants to do this!